mardi 15 décembre 2015

Unfair On Call Schedule

there must be balance between above two pieces of advice

I would document clearly the differences, give it 6 months, return to the issue
think carefully on whether you need to go above Chief's head if you can but be careful about politics/making enemies
getting in someone's face about how much work you are doing is never looked on well in medicine so you need to be diplomatic why you are taking issue with this and reaffirm you are all about helping out and work ethic but also want to catch if this is an oversight as we are all tired LOL

it would show maturity to acknowledge reasons they may have for doing this to you, or hopefully make them feel bad if the none of the following apply
"I accept if this is for the good of the program, that perhaps other residents have personal issues that shifting work is necessary... or I am wondering if this is because it is felt I need more hours compared to my peers. If it is the latter I would definitely appreciate feedback."

sometimes work is shifted to you because YOU are the weaker resident.... other times it is because you are the STRONGER resident and they need/forced to give other residents more space to improve and/or difficulty pulling weight safely

I also point this out to you if it makes you feel any better, there could be a reason and rhyme to this, maybe they are not sharing with you
could be lazy or favoritism but how does that view help you?
keep your head down bust ass don't make enemies is my mantra
it sucks but there it is

TLDR
advocate for self but be careful
give it a bit of time
document
maybe someone needs the work shifted to you
maybe you need the work shifted to you
residency sux so suck it up & bust ass with as little complaint as possible

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Unfair On Call Schedule

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire