lundi 28 décembre 2015

Seriously Considering a Career in Clinical Psychology

Core coursework would be necessary (e.g., stats, intro, abnormal, social, cog, etc) for grad school. However, the unemployment numbers for undergrad psych majors are shocking. Do not major in psych if you are not 100% going to get into and go to grad school.

My undergrad degree ended up being in neuroscience. Because I went to college as a 2nd semester sophomore, I also declared premed and education. And minor in something so stupid it was ridiculous. Some of the things I learned in this stuff were extremely helpful either in understanding the underlying biology/chemistry or in being able to communicate effectively with teachers and physicians. Especially when I trained in a med school. Some of it has always distanced me from other psychologists who viewed me as strange due to my alternative knowledge base.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Seriously Considering a Career in Clinical Psychology

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire