jeudi 31 décembre 2015

From making a 16 on my first mcat to being in the top 3rd in a medical school

This is the first time I have posted on here, but I felt inclined to share my experience to applicants that are having trouble getting accepted and for pre-medical students.
I had a 4.0 at a competitive private school and got into my state University. Graduated in 2011 with a 3.4 GPA overall and 3.2 science GPA. My dad is an MD and I was really set on being on MD. When i was a Junior, I took the Mcat and made a 16(bottom 5%). I took it 2 months later and scored a stellar 18. I applied to my state MD school and was obviously rejected. Next year I scored a 24 and was rejected again. I was bitter because my friends from other districts got in with lesser Mcats and lesser GPAs. I began working as an EMT for a big city and took a year off from applying to med school.Next year, I studied my balls off and made a 23 and a 21. I decided to apply to 4 Osteopathic schools along with my state MD school. I got rejected from my MD school again, but was granted 2 interviews at D.O. schools and got on the waitlist at both. I was accepted to one of the D.O. schools 3 days before school started! I am a 2nd year now and I am in the top 3rd in a competitive DO school. If your only dream is getting into medical school then never give up!

once you get into medical school its all about time management and effort.

Good luck fellas..It will happen if u believe it, and please ignore all the negative posts on here

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



From making a 16 on my first mcat to being in the top 3rd in a medical school

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire