lundi 14 décembre 2015

Things that make a bad vet

I wouldn't want to say that any particular vet I've worked with is 'bad' because they've all been really intelligent and did practice decent medicine for the most part. Where they had issues was not in that area. One vet couldn't say no and let her clients walk all over her. One example: She has a 10+ year history with a client who owns like 20 animals. He started just not paying his bill after an appointment, and it became a regular thing. He owes her around $1000 (and it's an extremely small practice) all the time because his wife sends him down with small checks every so often, but they keep coming in. While I'm not sure of his personal finances, my boss never once said "Look, this needs to stop. You've never discussed a payment plan with me at all." She also works herself to death. The woman gets a handful of weekends off a year and is on call 24/7.

Another treated her staff like crapola and also let her practice manager scream and run around like a tyrant daily. She has the highest staff turnover I've ever seen, yet hasn't made any changes whatsoever. I also still have issues with how she handled her practice after having another seizure. Her condition is uncontrolled. Instead of doing (what I think is) the smart thing and referring all surgeries, she continued to cut. Everything this doctor did was to increase revenue, but she also pays her staff terribly. She regularly pulls in at 10AM when our first appointment is 9, putting the entire day an hour behind. I could go on for hours.

I think what makes a great vet is the ability to recognize when something is wrong (whether it be staff or medical related) and actually fix it.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Things that make a bad vet

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire