Yeah frankly I don't think I could work with paper, like LITERALLY COULD NOT for various reasons, one having to do with writing by hand and reading atrocious handwriting, and running all over trying to find a chart, and the other being... Jesus Christ there's a list. In my rotations I worked with both and WHAT A ****ING ****SHOW.
It's frankly dangerous IMHO and I'm not the only one to say so. And you don't want to work at a dangerous program.
So while I feel an EMR is essential, (and really what kind of ****ing program is this where they haven't found the money to make the move? again not somewhere I want to be necessarily) which particular EMR isn't that important I guess. I dunno I think it's not so much just the EMR but more what it says about a place that they are still on paper.
I will be honest I had serious problems with efficiency, and watching fellow interns flounder with an unfamiliar EMR (which was thankfully familar to me or someone may have died, me or a patient), for me it would honestly be a factor. Not the most important, but like someone said if you're truly truly split it might matter, or if you really feared for your computer/efficiency skills.
Whether it matters or not, I think it's legit that this person wanted to start a thread figuring out who does what where even if it's a minor detail, and I don't see why not, or why people gotta jump in here just to hate on the concept. Just another chance to put someone down I guess.
TLDR
paper blows
EMRs not the most important factor by any means but likely means the hospital is broke and inefficient
still it's a nice thing to know about a program IMHO, more power to you OP on this thread
haters gonna hate
when you match and find out the EMR where you're going definitely start thinking about how to train for it, I made a lot of love to the EMR during orientation week before I was inundated with responsibility and it was a good thing, got some templates made etc
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
List of Program EMR's
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire