Sorry if I came off harsh, I was just trying to convey the idea that this really isn't a metric you should be using when ranking programs. Paper charts vs EMR A vs EMR B doesn't matter. Each has their own pros and cons, and you will learn how to maximize your efficiency in whichever platform you use. In my program we rotate through hospitals that use EPIC, Cerner, paper charts, and EMR/paper combinations. Which documentation platform I am using has no affect on the quality of my experience.
No one has ever said, "I really loved the people, location, and opportunities afforded during my residency, but I wouldn't do it again because that EMR was so bad." Or the converse, "I hated the people and location of my residency, and the training was bad. That said, I would totally go back because that EMR was so intuitive and easy to use."
And if on the interview day residents are complaining about promises about EMR platform, I would venture that there are bigger problems in that program than which EMR they use.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
List of Program EMR's
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire