mercredi 9 décembre 2015

Gay in podiatry-at Kent

Hey pod people I have a concern that's been itching at me for a while now. I've always wondered if I was the only gay/lgbt pod student at Kent. I haven't come out to many people although I'm sure most of my class would be cool with it. I guess I'm not what some people consider "stereotypical" so I've gotten this far without being asked, but it is really difficult and I feel isolated at times.

I don't really know how/when/if I should come out and I hate that I even have to ask this in 2015. I'm mainly worried about how to approach this in residency and as a practitioner.
My suspicion is that I should keep quiet since medicine in general is very conservative and, unfortunately, lgbt discrimination isn't illegal in any of the states I want to work in, so I don't want it keeping me from opportunities. However, I'm curious if anyone else has insight on this. Does anyone have any experience with being out in podiatry?

-Unsure and frustrated
Ocpmguy

Also sorry for being vague, I'm trying to remain annonymous for now.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Gay in podiatry-at Kent

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire