lundi 28 décembre 2015

BIDMC/HAEMR away rotation advice

That's garbage. I never went by what was said in the application. I just browsed their website. It says no such thing. Sometimes the app says that to keep the programs from getting a storm of calls. That has never stopped me and I have never been told "you shouldn't have called". I just happened to copy and paste this from the website in a non-obvious place (applying for residency link):

Medical Student Rotation in Emergency Medicine
Michael Woodruff, M.D.
[email protected]
Medical Student Clerkship
Co-Director

Jonathan Fisher, M.D.
[email protected]
Medical Student Clerkship
Co-Director

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency
Department of Emergency Medicine
One Deaconess Road
West Campus Clinical Center, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02215
Tel: 617-754-2339
Fax: 617-754-2350

If it were me, I would call ask to speak with either of them (calling always works better). If no answer, I would sent a joint email to them expressing your concern about the lack of communication from the registrar's office and ask if they ever received your app or have you penciled in for the slot. For many of my electives, it would say to send it to student affairs/registrar but the clerkship directors/coodinators often told me to send it to them instead. This makes me think that they want to pencil you in before the registrar has their way with your application. Good luck.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



BIDMC/HAEMR away rotation advice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire