lundi 14 décembre 2015

Best healthcare jobs for reapplicants

Hi everybody,

I've given up on getting into medical school this time around so I want to start planning my reapplication. Upon graduation in May, I will have about a 3.8 GPA +/- .03 so I don't think doing any kind of a Master's program would be a fruitful endeavor. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

I was thinking of getting a job in the healthcare field in order to give myself more clinical exposure and make the best out of my gap year(s). I'm aware of jobs like scribes, EMTs, and phlebotomists...would I need to enroll in any kind of training program next semester if I wanted to begin working immediately after graduation? If so, when would it be appropriate to actually apply for one of these positions?

Other thoughts: please let me know if there are any similar jobs that might not be as commonly known that I could be missing out on.

Also, with regard to timing: if I were to begin working after graduation, that would mean I'd have to submit my AMCAS pretty much immediately after beginning the job. Would schools even care that I've been doing something for that short a time period, and in that vein would it be better if I applied in 2017 after working in healthcare for a year? Obviously, I'd like to start medical school as soon as humanly possible, but I don't know if I have the emotional wherewithal to deal with another failed cycle. Of course, the other issue is that I have an October 2014 MCAT (balanced 31) and some schools might not accept it at that time.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Best healthcare jobs for reapplicants

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire