lundi 28 décembre 2015

Weekly Time Commitment in PhD Programs

Mine ranged from 30-80 hour weeks when you included everything.

Think of it this way:
GA/RA 20 hours
Practicum 20 hours
Classes/studying ? hours
Getting my own projects (dissertation, theses, comps, manuscripts, etc) done 10+ hours
Misc school activities ? hours

Sometimes weeks were light, sometimes I needed to do a ton as an RA and had exams or other big deadlines at once. There was a point in time that I regularly worked 60-80 hours. But I also pushed it to graduate in 5 years. If I took 6 years that would have lightened my load.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Weekly Time Commitment in PhD Programs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire