lundi 28 décembre 2015

Advice about unfair treatment in a post-bacc?

I just finished my first semester at a post-bacc at a DO school. I got accepted pretty late in the game and because of this, I was not able to take a summer anatomy prep course that was offered to the other students in my class. Wasn't on a waitlist or anything, just hadn't heard from the school until later and it was too late to sign up for the course.

It took me a bit of time to get accustomed to the style of teaching and the med school classes. My first few exams had lower grades, but I brought it up by the end of the semester. At the end of the semester, I got a C+ in Anatomy but did a lot better in my other courses.

This post-bacc is affiliated with the medical school and guarantees an interview for the DO program if you obtain a certain GPA by the end of the year. I am hoping that I can achieve this GPA by doing very well next semester. However, the C+ in Anatomy has dropped my GPA significantly. At the end of the year, if I do not get the GPA, I won't get an interview. It seems unfair to me that other students in my class were able to take this anatomy prep course, which I am sure helped them during the semester. What should I do? I was going to bring it up to my program dean when I return to school, but I don't want to get on anyone's bad side.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Advice about unfair treatment in a post-bacc?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire