dimanche 27 décembre 2015

Perfusion, Midwestern. 2016 Cycle.

Hi blissful,

I have just finished submitting all my application materials to Midwestern University here in Glendale, Arizona. The only thing I am waiting on are my two letters of recommendation from my prior research professor and the Chief Perfusionist I shadowed, which hopefully both will find their way to the office of admissions by the weeks end. The way I managed to gain the opportunity to shadow a perfusionist was when I was given the contact information to the chief perfusionist I just mentioned by the dean of the Cardiovascular science program I am applying to. My best advice would be to contact the office of admissions at the schools you are looking to apply to and ask to speak with the dean or maybe a faculty member such that you can get a better understanding of the profession and also inquire as to whether they have any contacts or people they know that can get you set up for a shadow experience. Its really amazing to watch. I witnessed three cases, totaling about 20 hours of shadowing in which I witnessed a a tricuspid valve replacement, mitral valve replacement, and an atrial myxoma extraction.

My stats aren't as impressive as they could be mind you, but I at least meat the minimum requirements for my school. I had some difficult unorthodox issues occur during my undergraduate studies that hindered me from excelling as best as I could have, (a good portion due to the loss of my father during my junior year) however I hold an overall GPA of 2.75 and have alright GRE scores, nothing to write home to mom about. (150 reading) (152 math) (3 analytical). Since schooling I've held a full time job as a Physical Science Lab technician managing a chemistry department at a local community college and I also hold research under my belt and have my name in published work with the ACS involving NMR research on spider web silk analysis. Hope all that helps!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Perfusion, Midwestern. 2016 Cycle.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire