lundi 30 novembre 2015

Weird Situation

Had this thing happen to me yesterday and I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around it.

Youngish, otherwise healthy female undergoing an arm procedure. Go to intubate, Grade I view, pass the tube, no end tidal and cant see any humidity on the tube. Tube comes out, DL once again, Grade I view again, pass the tube, no end tidal and can't see any humidity anywhere.

I know my ETCO2 monitor is working, BP is not an issue. Able to bag the patient but nothing is coming out. Sats are ok (but was properly preoxygenated). At this point, attending takes a look with the tube in place. Clearly past the vocal cords, pilot is properly inflated, he advances the tube further and we end up with ETCO2. Rest of the case proceeds uneventfully.

Any ideas?

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Weird Situation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire