lundi 30 novembre 2015

MS3/MS4 Case Report Opportunity

The real question is who is going to be the last author? Does the OP honestly think that the senior author is going to be fine with the idea of her/him adding some completely unknown author to these manuscripts?

"Who's this?" I'd ask, eyeing the OP suspiciously whilst twirling my mustache menacingly.

"Oh, some random med student from the internet, she wrote the case report for me. I've never even been to the state where she attends medical school, lol," the OP would reply, averting my gaze.

"Thank you for your time, goodbye," I'd say, destroying your reputation in my department with a wave of my hand.

Or was she/he going to misrepresent her/his contribution to the manuscript? That is a very big no-no, all kidding aside.

Learning to write for scientific publication is a skill, and you won't always have the luxury of finding someone else to do it for you. Now is the time to learn to do it in a comparatively low-pressure environment. And honestly, it's a case report. Given how much outlining you must have done to be able to give it to someone else to finish, you should be able to hammer a good draft out in an afternoon in the library. Bite the bullet and do it.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



MS3/MS4 Case Report Opportunity

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire