lundi 30 novembre 2015

Should I anticipate any benefit? UG with medical program vs without

Im currently at a cc and I'm 26.

I can stay where I am geographically and transfer to a uni next year which does not have a medical program, or I can go about 5 hours away for the same in state price to a different school that has one. Rankings between the schools are insignificant and the school with the MD program is a low-tier. There are two local schools with MD programs but I wouldn't have a shot at getting into their MD programs because they are pretty prestigious and look down on CC credits. They are also much more expensive for undergrad.

I have lived in my current city my whole life, and am doing some volunteering locally and have some good relationships going. However I would like to experience something away from home truly on my own, and my current job has a location near this other school which I can transfer to if I want/need to continue working.

I don't know whether or not I should anticipate any benefit from attending a school with a medical program; I don't know if ill receive any differential treatment when I do apply to their MD program, and I am shadowing doctors and doing things here for clinical experience already, so its really no different than I would experience there I guess. The only thing is maybe some LORs from people at their UG might be particularly helpful in getting into their program specifically. But then again if I don't get in to their program...it seems as though it will have been a waste to go through the trouble of moving just to attend their school.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Should I anticipate any benefit? UG with medical program vs without

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire