dimanche 29 novembre 2015

Just found out I have chronic Hep B. What's next?

I got accepted into MD school and will matriculate next year, however I just found out I got chronic Hep B. My viral load is very low <20IU/ml. I will have to disclose this within my vaccination record. I have tried to do some research into this and there is some stigma around this issue so I want to find as much information about this as possible to prepare myself.

My questions are:

1. Does this mean my medical career is over? Have anyone experienced the same things and what it feels like during clinical experience? Does that mean that I will not get to do surgical rotation or will be restricted in certain rotations?
2. I know I will not get to do invasive specialties that involve invasive surgical procedure such as Cardiothoracic, trauma, oral, and OB/GYN. How about anesthesia or intensivist? or Neurosurg? How about other procedure such as intubation, lines, scopes?

This new is very devastated for me because I worked so hard for this. I am very thankful for any feedbacks.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Just found out I have chronic Hep B. What's next?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire