lundi 30 novembre 2015

LSU-SVM Class of 2020 Applicants

The fact that I have no clinical experience (other than shadowing in 2009/2010, which I just decided to add to my VMCAS) really worries me. I've been trying since April to get an assistant/tech job, but lately there have been few clinic openings in my area (mostly for receptionists and LVTs). Of the several I've interviewed, most seemed interested or offered me another position, but then never called back when they said they would (please, I'd much rather be told "sorry, we chose someone else" than be left hanging).
A few places straight up told me during interview "oh, but you say you're applying to vet school, so you might only be around for a year and we're looking for someone more long-term"--even though I explained many times how unlikely it is I'd get accepted on the first attempt. It was so messed up, you'd think being a serious vet school applicant would help your case, not hurt it.

Actually the one place that treated me well was--an adoption/admin position at a cat shelter. (they offered it after I sent resume trying to apply as a tech which was already filled) They kept constant contact with me and even called me back for a second interview. Ultimately they explained that they finally decided on another applicant because they knew I was really in need of a clinical position. I was told their new mobile vet service would be starting in Aug/Sept and to keep a lookout for it to apply but I haven't heard anything as of yet.

Sorry for that tangent, job searching is frustrating :eggface:

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



LSU-SVM Class of 2020 Applicants

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire