dimanche 29 novembre 2015

Anyone know of someone who actually got into Texas med school without a batchelors?

Technically, according to TMDSAS, you only need 90 hrs to apply. My question is, how often does this actually happen? 1 in 10,000? 1 in 100,000?

I ask because by the time I have completed my prerequisites I will have ~ 228 hours, though no degree because I am using the academic fresh start and throwing out 82 of those hours. This leaves me with ~146 hours earned post academic fresh start (well in excess of the required 90). Sadly, because my major (religion) and its requirements are in no way related to my prereqs for med school, I would have to take around an additional 7 classes to complete my degree. An additional sticking point is that because I have so many hours, I am ineligible for any federal aid, and thus would be paying for those hours out of pocket, at a cost of ~ $30k.

Of course, if that's what I have to do, so be it. I was just curious as to how rare it was that someone was actually admitted without a bachelors.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Anyone know of someone who actually got into Texas med school without a batchelors?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire