mardi 29 décembre 2015

Do I have any chance? 3.77cgpa, 3.68sgpa. TX Resident

Hi. Im an asian and I recently finished my first semester of Junior year. If I maintain my recent gpa trend I will end up with a 3.77cgpa and around 3.68sgpa by the end of Junior year. My recent MCAT score: 516 (maybe around 35 from the old MCAT?)

I have 200 volunteer hours in a hospital from high school
I volunteered in a clinic once a week (sophmore-junior)
I shadowed 2 physicians over the summer of sophmore year
I participated in research at my university
I have volunteer experience from several clubs in my university
I volunteered in a hospital for a semester
I also went on a mission trip with my church that gave me a lot of insight and new experiences and passions
I served a position in a group in my church (2 years)
I was a leader in another group of my church for 5 years

I had a really tough freshman year. My first semester gpa started as a 3.4 but second semester my close relative passed away and I ended up having to get non-academic withdrawal for general chemistry 2 and lab, physics 1, and integral calculus. Then the first semester of sophomore year I was sick and did not have proper medication to treat it. I had to withdraw from organic chemistry 1 (non-academic). I retook general chemistry 2 and lab at a local community college over the summer of freshman year with a B+ and I retook Physics 1, integral calculus, and organic chemistry at my university over the summer of sophomore year with all A's. My second semester of sophomore year was a 4.0, while retaking organic chemistry 1. Over the summer I took organic chemistry 2 and lab since I retook organic 1 the second semester of sophomore year. I just now finished my first semester of Junior year with a 4.0 gpa and hopefully will end Junior year with a 3.77cgpa and 3.68sgpa.

I really want to be able to get into a medical school in Texas and I don't know what my chances are considering that my red flags are my non-academic withdrawals. Also I don't know if I'm lacking anything in my extracurricular activities. Since I took General Chemistry 2 in community college I don't know if that is another factor that will greatly reduce my chances since I will have to send the community college and my university transcript. If anyone has any experience regarding my situation that would be very helpful. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Do I have any chance? 3.77cgpa, 3.68sgpa. TX Resident

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire